[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:50:11 -0400

If you wanted to operate the scanner under XP, the easier, cheaper,
and more reliable route would be to make the machine dual boot with
Windows 7 and Windows XP... you'd have to check the Intel chipset for
driver availability for XP to see if this is an option.

I do this all the time for customers and it works flawlessly. The
laptop I am posting this message from is a dual boot XP/7 HP dv2035US
that one of my customers got tired of and gave me. It's a great little
machine. I keep XP on it because I have an old copy of CS2 that needs
XP to run.

The irony of all this is that Don's old computer is probably perfectly
fine for the purpose of running his scanner. Just reinstall XP and get
all the cr*p off the machine, put it on the network, and transfer the
scans to any machine he wants.

Eric Goldstein