[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Petr Dvorak <pdvorak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:42:52 -0500

The way I see it, one cannot do any serious post-processing of scans without
16bpp editors. The last time I checked, PS Elements supported 8bpc only (but
that was years ago). If you can live without all the marketing toys of
consumer-oriented editors and if you are familiar with dark room workflows
and their equivalents in the digital world, Picture Window Pro may be the
best (budget) photo post-processing software you can get.

http://www.dl-c.com/

Ad the Vuescan Pro version: if you go the RAW path, all the bells and
whistles, ICC profiles, color spaces and FOREVER free upgrades just take up
space on your hard disk.

Petr