[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:24:49 -0500

On Nov 22, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Robert Meier wrote:

> Have you made a head-to-head comparison between the 4990 and Coolscan IV on
> 35mm?

Bob,

I have recently tried using the 4990 for 35mm, and while I haven't done an
actual head-to-head compariosn--trying to use the same settings, that is--I
have found that the 4990 will produce excellent scans on 35mm.

The problem in doing such a comparison has been making sure that the settings
are the same, so I can get an accurate comparison.  I'm still not sure I've got
that licked.

Ken Frazier