[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Using the Microsoft program my experience is that you boot up into a virtual XP
machine that is independent from the W7 machine.  Separate file system, etc.
If you want to move data around you might copy such files to a 'thumb drive'
and then copy them over from that to the other 'machine'.   Maybe there are
some tricks of the trade to do this more directly but I don't know of
them That's what I did for some limited data brought in from my laptop.

I had no problem with drivers for two HP printers and one Epson scanner with
either W7 or the virtual XP machine.

John