[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:25:47 -0500

Yeah - I was asked if it was a movie camera once. With the pistol grip, I suppose it does.

Nobody stopped me while shooting at the MFA a few weekends ago. I suppose they allow it as long as no flash is used?
I didn't bother to ask.

E.

On Feb 17, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Although that was much the case some decades ago, the last few times I attempted street photography with a Rolleiflex, far from feeling threatened, curious people constantly approached me to ask about that old-timey camera (I'd let them look at the focussing screen and Whoo! Hah!) And I used to be
such an accomplished sneak.

While street shooting with the Rolleikin and Rolleigrip, I've been
asked what kind of cool binoculars I'm using! 20 years ago, you may
have been able to shoot unobtrusively with a TLR, but certainly not
today...

Same goes for shooting with the Super Ikonta, Baby Speed, Baby Bush
and even the IIIf RD/ST... unobtrusive they ain't...

Eric Goldstein