[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued

  • From: Gene Johnson <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:23:09 -0800

I used 1:100 with Efke 25. Was a really nice combination.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Mark, I wonder if you have found the same problem as I. In a certain
period I was using Rodinal with very long development times and weak
dilutions 1:25 if memory serves me well. However, these long development times leave very dirty looking whites in the print-since everything was
rendered slightly grey?
Marvin.

The long dilution is 1:100.
That's what the very hard core guys did.
It makes for a ton of grain a very smooth straight line look and seemingly magical resolution.. Its not even listed in the pamphlet which comes with the film. Makes for very easy to print negs with no funny dark whites. They are easy to print whites which don't block up so fast as most other films. I bet if you just went up a paper grade or filter you'd have cleared up your
whites you just had too low a contrast paper for the neg at the time.

1:25 gives results not appeasable advantageous or different than plain
vanilla D76 1:1.
With 1:50 you started to get some of the Rodinal look but I compromised at
1:75. As did a photographer friend of mine.
A bit less grain.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner