[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:35:47 -0800

Mark,

You forgot to say that the rules you broke were the Kodak's 'sq-in of film/ml of soup' rules...

Jim

On Feb 13, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

I basically agree with this. There are subtle differences, and my own
preference is for Xtol, but honestly focusing on soup is missing the
forest for the trees. If you're that good that it's the developer
that's keeping you from greatness, my hat's off to you. I have yet to
see the portfolio that holds the argument...

Eric Goldstein

The results I got from Xtol 1:3 I found broke most of the rules and gave me
quality of a whole new ballgame.
Non subtle differences.
In effect my medium speed films looked like slow speed films
Fast films looked like medium speed films (400=100)
Both in terms of grain and sharpness.
You normally have to pick or or another.
With Xtol 1:3  I got both.
Normal for me for street shooting was Neopan 1600 which gave me better than
Tri x in D76 1:1 results.
In the studio Across 100 looked like Agfapan 25 or stuff of a larger format.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner