[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:23:28 -0500

> I used 1:100 with Efke 25. Was a really nice combination.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I used it a lot with Panatomic X 35mm.
In 11x14s there was some visible grain!
Whenever I'd go back to using solvent developers it was like I'd switched
from shooting with glass to shooting with plastic.
I'd keep checking my lenes to see if they had dirt all over them.

With Tri x it made grain with almost a mezzo pattern.
The tight sharp regular grain made you think you were getting a bit higher
rez then you really were getting.

http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Loripage.html
A bit hard to see much at this rez and its a scan off a print not a neg.
It had been reduced once. In effect twice jpeged. Not good.  You live and
you learn.
Its tri x in Rodinal 1:100...
The highlights were not blocked also I think these have no color spaces.
I made them on the website a decade ago when I was naïve.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner