[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:01:50 +0800

Greetings Eric, I think I am understanding you correctly- what I am saying
is that film development makes a big difference in the final print.
For example, one must formulate control conditions in order to identify
differences in developers. For one film development temperature must remain
the same and this will assist in comparison of developers. If this is not
standardised then much of the development process is down to luck-I don?t
want to go there, and I don?t see how one could arrive at a meaningful
comparison of developers with this laxity.
I am keen to point out that my favourite type of b/w print the platinum
print requires a slightly denser negative which is attained in the film
development stage. The skill is therefore crucial in the production of the
previously mentioned process.
In sum, I don?t know if you can identify a platinum print or a fine
negative. If you cannot all I can say is that some of us can, myself being
one of the some.
Marvin