[rollei_list] Re: OT Mapplethorpe (was Re: Re:)

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:39:35 -0500

> This may be true but to quote Frank Zappa,
>
> "We ugly people outnumber handsome people 10 to 1." I am in the minority of
> course.
> Marvin.

Its not an issue of false emphasis on beauty its a bottom line issue.
A young gall whose been working in a starbucks for a year doesn't have to
think when she's offered a job going down the runway for hundreds of
thousands of dollars. Next time your in a dentist office crack open a
magazine. Fashion models have very high status in today's society.
They are not pitied or looked down upon by anybody.
And I may say that the cliché of them not being so bright is not at all
true. Some I knew spoke several langaguges and played Eric Satie on the
piano. I can do none of those things. Make hundreds of thousands of dollars
speak several languages and played Eric Satie  etc. on the piano. But I can
focus a camera and hound them till they pay me my five bucks.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner