[rollei_list] Re: OT Mapplethorpe (was Re: Re:)

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:27:02 +0800

I'll second that Eric. The vast majority of models are involved in standing
with suitcases and smiles pretending to be interesting in Samsonite cases
etc.

Glamorous catwalk stuff, which I believe is being alluded to is a much
narrower band of model anyway. Which I have done myself (modelled that
is-well in university, since it was a art college with a fashion dept).

It must be noted that the reason New York or any city is teeming with models
of a different nationality is because they can get away with paying them
much, much less then local talent.

Hong Kong is teeming with Russian models who on average will accept 50% of
what a Aussie, Brit or American will accept. My closest friends here just
happen to models and boy do they complain about the situation.

Marvin.