[rollei_list] Re: OT Mapplethorpe (was Re: Re:)

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:48:40 -0500

This portion of Matt's discussion is important to /rememberconsider and I am
in complete agreement with it:

"It's horribly short-sighted to think the only culture that should be
supported in this country is that which appeals to the largest possible
audience. It's usually the least cojent, least compelling, least
confrontational and the least expansive. The gutting of the National
Endowment of the Arts due to conservative's objections over a small handful
of work by a small handful of artists has done nothing good for the current
state of the arts in this country."

Eric Goldstein