[rollei_list] Re: Happy New Year!

  • From: José Royo <jvroyo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:35:35 +0100

Thanks for what concerns to me and the other butt-kicked people of the list.

A thousand years is a little bit exagerated. The basque nationalism claims
began during the civil wars of the mid-XIX century. Until then, they seemed
to be happy members of the kingdoms of, depending on the period, Navarre,
Castile, Spain or France.
Last 50 years have been the worst. The relationship between Basque and the
rest of Spain has got worse due to the terrorism (near 1000 people dead) and
the politicians of both sides.

Enjoy your learning, the basque (euskara) is a beautiful and difficult
language to learn that also gave words to spanish language (izquierda=left
comes from basque ezkerra) and had influence in its grammar.

Regards and Feliz Año Nuevo,

José Royo
La Rioja
SPAIN