[rollei_list] Re: Happy New Year!

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:50:23 -0600

I thought this statement might be misconstrued:

Welsh is a really grand tongue and it shows its heritage from having been
the primary language of a proud and vibrant Roman province.

Marc

At 07:35 PM 12/31/05 -0600, Robert Meier wrote:

But to be clear, Gaelic is not a Romance language, not descended from Latin.
Celtic was one of the main branches of Indo-European, a more-or-less equal
sibling to Latin, Greek, Germanic, Slavic, Persian, Indian, etc.

Robert

No one has proposed that Celtic is a Romance language and I am most puzzled
as why you would post this.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!