[rodgersorgan] Re: Christmas Music at Christmas

  • From: "Amos Ho" <amosho77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:34:48 +0800

Hello,Richard:

Thank you for your sharing.Yes,In Hong Kong,the contemporary music CD and
scores fill up the christian book shop too.That is the first time I heard
about the "South gospel style".Can you list some song's name for example?

I born in a chinese idol worshipper family in 1955.Since I was  a boy,My
parent lead me to worship idol.Until I was 21 years old,I met a christian in
the evening school, he told me the gospel,Jesus Christ and I finally joined
in church for 25 years.I was not trained in classical music ,my parent is
not christian and they don't like me to be a christian.So I decide to follow
Jesus and choose traditional worship style by myself.In my life,accept Jesus
Christ as my saviour is the firstly right thing,marry my wife is the
secondly right thing.These are the most important testment in my life.

In my spiritual life growth experience,we must control the flesh and don't
let it control our life,then we can have the fruit of spirit.The bible says
that we gain the strength in clam and stable.But the Drums,electric guitar
and contemporary music just do it opposely.They just provide the flesh
exciting and not like the tradition music inspire your spirit  to worship
God.Jesus said"Worship him with spirit and honestly".In the old testment,God
request Isreal people that they must follow his instruction to worship
him,otherwise they will die.God regard Abel's offering and don't regard
Cain's offering.God is a holy God and he has request.Another point we
suspect who is the master role in the contemporary music worship?Good church
is God's home and a human soceity,but bad church is just a human
soceity,even though it grow up and it just still a human soceity.If a
worship just let the fresh exciting,will God join in?So just human being
speak to us not God.I answer your question that I need God speak with my
soul in the worship.I come out from a idol worshipper family and worship the
real God.I don't want to come back again to woship the human being.When I
heard a majesty organ perlude,it just like the God's glory fill in the
church.I like the color window and wooden giant cross,those icon make my
spirit to concetrate to worship God.But Drums just let me thinking about
night club music.These are just my feeling and sharing,I don't intend to
hurt anybody,I have different though with the contemporary music people,may
be different pupose too.I just a pilgrim.I need a worship helps me to keep
my eternal life.

I agree "If God is behind it, we cannot stop it.  If it is the works of men,
it will die of its own accord." So I don't want to raise any quarrel in my
church and I just choose my way.

Music is another media,it has some influence that speech can't done.Music
can heal the spirit.David play music to heal King Saul's headache.Of
course,night club music can make you over exciting so that you will lost
control.

Love in Christ
Amos Ho