[rodgersorgan] Re: Christmas Music at Christmas

  • From: "Matt G." <caddyorganist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:58:24 -0500

The Nazarene church I play for has a blended style of worship. On a typical
Sunday morning, the organist (sometimes the piano, bass, guitar, and drums)
play hymns and choruses for prelude. In the evening service all the above
metioned instruments play. Our congregationals generally range from hymns to
praise and worship all in one service. We do project our words onto screens.
While some may not like this, it keeps us from having to print words to
songs not in the hymnal, the lyrics to the choir song are on the screens,
and main points and notes of the sermon are on the screens. It also comes in
handy for using video. Our choir usually sings reitiore leaning toward, but
not always, the contemporary side. The offertory is usually played by the
pianist, the organist, the group, or a special instrumentalist. We are a
singing congregation, but we are led by a song leader. Our church has about
800 in our two moring worship services.

Matt G.
CaddyOrganist@xxxxxxxxxxx