[rodgersorgan] Re: Christmas Music at Christmas

  • From: "Charlie Strack" <charlie_strack@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rwildhirt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:39:43 -0800

Richard Wildhirt's comment about "there's a lot more behind that than just =
a baby lying in a feeding box" reminded me of an exceptional sermon I once =
had the pleasure to hear.

Central to the message was the minister's view was that "no room at the =
inn" really meant that the inn was not a good place for an expectant =
mother. Inns of the day, according to the minister, were communal sleeping =
rooms. The "manger" was a far better place the inn keeper offered where =
Mary could have some quiet and privacy for her delivery, rather than a =
lesser place.

I miss those sermons--the minister had an interim appointment to the =
church, and his "day" job was professor of theology at Northwestern =
University. He brought much new perspective to me.

Best regards,
Charlie

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html