[real-eyes] My thoughts

  • From: Wendy <wendy44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:25:30 -0500

Someone died last week,there is a driver who will have trouble moving
on in life knowing that the car she drove hit someone and killed him,
there is a grieving family and community and we all have ideas as to
how to get and stay safe. Total safety is a myth but we sure can and
should ask for the best safety methods available to all people in society.

While living in Maryland I was trying to get a APS installed where I
lived and it was delayed by almost a year because the engineers where
afraid to take action. The NFB was asking for one kind of technology
and the ACB wanted something else. I kept saying that anything will
be fine but they were concerned about one group or the other causing
problems moving forward. SHEESH, talk about being united?It seems
reasonable to think that there should be an APS at every intersection
that there is a light and there are sidewalks inviting people to
walk. When there is a placid invitation such as a light and sidewalk,
there needs to be safety measures installed.Many people pay school
taxes who have no children. It is for the good of society as is this!
My heart goes out to Chip's family and that poor driver. We should
reach out to that driver who would likely now agree that something
needs to be done to insure that no one of her family members or
friends ends up having hit someone and having to learn to live with
that kind of sorrow on your soul.
Wendy