[real-eyes] Re: My thoughts

  • From: "Mitchell D. Lynn" <mlynn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:00:16 -0500

Loads and loads of people are paying taxes when they have no children in
school It isn't a question of having children or not; it is a question of
whether they are in school or not that matters. Very few taxes actually tax
selectively. Excise taxes do, but that is about it. The rest hit just about
everyone.

It is ironic you would mention installing these at every corner. The street
I had trouble crossing had a stop light for Vivion Road, but it rarely
triggered, and when it did, it was of extremely short duration. If you
walked fast, you could get from one side of the two lanes to the other.
Anything slower, and you wouldn't make it. It was my own fault that I got
stuck on that corner. I knew it was going to be sticky, but I misjudged how
difficult and scary that crossing would ultimately be. Even if you could
install these audible crossing signals at every corner, I would be willing
to bet this one would be overlooked.

ACB and NFB at odds! Why doesn't that surprise me? Sound like a good reason
to avoid involving either of them.