[python] Re: 81 inseam

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:45:12 +0000

Wow, don't worry about gearing and top speed, the man said:

"I like to go fast, and after about 2000km the fastest I could get it going
is 66kph"

Even on my trike, you know the one: steady as a rock  :-), top speed is 39
kph, with a strong wind in the back, on a sunday morning so no worries.
Tell me how do you do that? 66 kph, wow wow!!

I will have to lose some extra weight, spent more (even more more) time in
the gym, have to wait for a hurricane and then...., maybe if I'am very lucky
I could push it to ....42 kph (43 kph).

No more postings from me, I will sit quitely in a corner, thinking what to
do next with me and my python.

Greetings,

henk <not to fast on the flat> pythonmad.

This describes me too, Henk. But I just put it down to age. I'm bowling along thinking how nice and briskly I'm going, and then these younger cyclists come sweeping past me, and I realise that the true arbiter of speed on a bike is the rider's cardio-vascular system. But who cares. Biking is still a big buzz, and I hark back all the time to those ancient bikers whom I used to see as a kid, still going strong in their eighties and nineties, because - I suspect - they were lifelong cruisealong bikers. That's for me. -- RhG