[python] Re: 81 inseam

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:59:38 +0100

Hoi 25Hz,

oh I forgot 'bout the holes in the mudguard.

I also noticed that heavy loaded bags on the rear part (vacation), had
no adverse effect on the max speed of my python. I have "banana bags"
which do not move the CG backward as much as common bike bags - see
attached picture.

But above 60kmh I don't feel well - but the same was true for my 20inch
flevo racer - so it is probably me.

Dirk

25hz wrote:
> Yes sir, I did.  Cross winds had a major effect on stability at many speeds,
> so that's why I modified it and put more holes in the sides.
> http://fleettrikes.com/python%20final%20mod%20drilled.jpg
> It ran like a charm after that.  Wind effect on the tailbox was negligible,
> it was just the front end that made it hairy.
>

> | 25hz wrote:
> | > On a python, the wheel size is largely irrelevent, I think, because it's
> | > more important to be able to ride the bent than worrying about wheel
> size.
> | > If you are worried about gearing and top speed issues, don't.  I like to
> go
> | > fast, and after about 2000km the fastest I could get it going is 66kph.
> | >
> | You made a mudguard that encapsulates the front wheel. Did you
> | experience any effect on your max speed because of increased wind
> | sensibility?
> |
> | Dirk - (for my liking 66kmh is way to fast on any pedal steered bike).

JPEG image