[python] Re: 81 inseam

  • From: d.chambers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:59:39 +0000

I work in the wheelchair industry (making racing wheelchairs and recumbent
handcycles)where you'll find the 540mm 24 x 1 3/8" size is widely used. 36
spokes are standard, but there are loads of rims available from the likes of
Rigida, Spinergy, Sun Metals and Velocity.

On tyres, these can be from 37mm down to 23mm from Schwalbe, Cheng Shin,
Continental,Kenda, IRC etc, also tubulars from Schwalbe, Continental and
Tufo...and airfree puncture-proof ones from KIK, Innova, Urathon or Greentyre.

I can supply rims and tyres if required.

Just to confuse things further...there is also the 521 (24x1)part of the
700c/650c series. As far as I know it's now only used on the Airnimal folder.

Oh yeah, there's also the 22x1 3/8" (501mm) size that's only used on juvenile
wheelchairs, which could fill a size gap between 451 and 540 quite nicely...

All the best,

Dan Chambers
Draft Wheelchairs Ltd.
UK