[python] Re: [OT] some list technical notes

  • From: Olaf Johansson <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:23:24 +0100

I prefer to reach out for information instead of having it continously sent to me. That is why I like web solutions better. If all the information I take part of via groups would be sent to my inbox ... by George, I would throw my computer away.

I have gone into vacation mode here on the python list. This means I can visit the archive page whenever I like and have all messages indexed by thread or date and also do a search if I like. Still I will be able to post.

We'll see how it works.

Web solutions are also good for getting more readers/proselytes as it is easier to hook googlers by a web forum than by an e-mail list.

Best is perhaps if you can have both. Swedish hpv has a connection between its e-mail list and its web forum so they interact; if you post in one the post shows up in both.

Olaf