[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: "Karl Wolz" <wolzphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:40:30 -0700

Matthew,

Unfortunately, the issue is not one of usage or one of ego.  It is
simply a matter of liability on the part of Tim or Jim or whoever has
custody of anyone's writings who does not have blanket permission to
republish those writings.  I would never presume that my scratchings are
specifically fighting for, but I would fight tooth and nail over my
RIGHTS to those writings.  Anyone who cavalierly decides to republish
the original work of another without such permission is a fool, and Tim
and Jim have convinced me that they are definitely NOT foolish.

Rob,

It is NOT incumbent on me to further protect my works from illicit
reproduction by declaring that I own the copyright of what I am sending
to the list.  My writings are protected by copyright law.  There may be
some room for interpretation of that law, but basically, what I produce
is mine, unless I abrogate the aforementioned copyright.

"If YOU want YOUR messages to be copyright protected then YOU take
responsibility for them and don't try to dump the responsibility onto
someone else."

I do, and will use the full extent of the law to protect MY right to
maintain MY ownership of MY intellectual properties, should those
properties be deemed by ME to be worth protecting - my ramblings on this
list are not, so feel free to quote me.

Karl Wolz