[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: Ron Schwarz <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:14:23 -0400

11:40 PM 9/10/2004 -0700, Karl Wolz wrote:

>It is NOT incumbent on me to further protect my works from illicit
>reproduction by declaring that I own the copyright of what I am sending
>to the list.  My writings are protected by copyright law.  There may be
>some room for interpretation of that law, but basically, what I produce
>is mine, unless I abrogate the aforementioned copyright.
>
>"If YOU want YOUR messages to be copyright protected then YOU take
>responsibility for them and don't try to dump the responsibility onto
>someone else."
>
>I do, and will use the full extent of the law to protect MY right to
>maintain MY ownership of MY intellectual properties, should those
>properties be deemed by ME to be worth protecting - my ramblings on this
>list are not, so feel free to quote me.

If it's any consolation, my book has been pirated and published online in a
variety of venues; last I checked, it was still online in its entirety in
either China or Hungary.  My former publisher never did anything about it
(but since they didn't bother to pay me royalties for the foreign language
versions of the book, as well as a few other things I won't mention,
inasmuch as we're "in litigation", I'm not entirely surprised.)

--
         Website: http://www.michi-kogaku.com/