[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:55:15 -0700

Look at it like this. I belong to a half dozen photo e-lists. They ALL have
searchable archives and NONE have any warning that posts could end up in
the wrong hands.

I believe this is rhetoric that is unnecessary. Why didn't you argue with
Tim over the past few years about compiling archives?

There are tens of thousands of e-mail lists out there. One's lists posts,
private e-mails, anything that goes out over the Ether is ripe for stealing
and using. I don't send anything via e-mail that I would have a problem
with if stolen. This message alone will reach 135 ISPs, hundreds of store
and forward nodes, and who knows what else. Employers frequently log
employee's e-mail and record phone conversations. If you copy copyrighted
material for personal use and are not selling it for profit, it is legal.
Copy machines in libraries gives one a clue. As do VCRs and CD copiers.

I think we should do what other e-lists do. Talk about the list topic and
archive the posts for future searching. And not get caught up in the minutia.

Jim