[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: Ron Schwarz <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:10:35 -0400

01:24 AM 9/11/2004 -0500, Matthew Gaylen wrote:

>cods wollop indeed...
>
>I find it more than a little bit arrogant that you think you've said
anything in the archives that would 1) be worth stealing, 2) selling and 3)
be worth pursuing for recompense.

"Worth selling" and "selling" are not always mutually exclucive concepts in
this sorry world of ours.

>Nobody said they wanted to sell the archives to make money, the market
force here is people who want to refer to the archived information so they
don't ask redundant questions...

True, nobody *said* they wanted to sell a CD, but I got the distinct
impression that there were one or two that *wanted* to sell it, perhaps as
part of a book in progress.

Sheer speculation, of course. But, having been 'round the block a time or
two, I've developed a fairly accurate ability to smell a rat from a mile off.

>In reality the market demand is probably something like 50 archive CDs for
$10--I can't imagine it would be worth any one contributor's time to pursue
reimbursement and I can't believe there's a lawyer or court in the land
that would take the case.

In reality, anyone who *wants* a CD can simply download the archives from
one of the many places hosting it, and burn the CD for themselves.

The only rational complaint that I can fathom would be someone who wanted
to not "merely" download and burn a CD for himself, but rather, someone who
wanted to *sell* copies of said CD.

--
         Website: http://www.michi-kogaku.com/