[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:26:10 +0200

On 9/11/04 8:40 AM, "Karl Wolz" <wolzphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would never presume that my scratchings are
> specifically fighting for, but I would fight tooth and nail over my
> RIGHTS to those writings.

> snip, snip

> I do, and will use the full extent of the law to protect MY right to
> maintain MY ownership of MY intellectual properties, should those
> properties be deemed by ME to be worth protecting - my ramblings on this
> list are not, so feel free to quote me.

Tim is right, the point is moot, because the whole archive can be downloaded
and used by anyone for free anyway.

Karl is right by saying that his ramblings are not worth protecting by law,
I feel the same about mine.

However, if you believe you will fight 'tooth and nail' and use the full
extent of the law to protect your rights, I'm sure you'll drop the case
after the first visit to a lawyers office (if they are honest), after that
lawyer finds out that there is no money to be gained from the one being
sued, or after (s)he sends you the first bill, unless you have an ego the
size of Mount Everest or more money than brains.

A lawyer will not help you to sue people who don't have money or insurance!

Now, tell that to the insurance agent next time he sells you 'protection'.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht