[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: "rob c" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:34:20 +0100

I'm not saying don't do it but I don't see the point of doing it since it
doesn't give any advantage over using a freely available mail reader.
Furthermore, since the archive files are currently in ascii text mail format
they can be imported into any mail reader on any platform if the user knows
what they are doing.
Does the intended standalone database program allow import/export of further
archives without compiling and downloading again?

It just seems like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut to me.