[pure-silver] Re: Which photo chemicals taste the best?

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:34:04 -0500

The mechanism appears to be the same for theobromine, theophylline, and caffeine
and consists of removal of the methyl groups attached to nitrogens in the purine
skeleton.  The ultimate end product being uric acid.  Apparently, dogs and cats
have other problems with purine based compounds.  They also lack the enzyme
urease which further breaks down uric acid to urea.

Jerry