[pure-silver] Re: Replacement for Agfa Multicontrast Developer

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 18:20:48 +0100

Quoting Per Ohstrom <ohstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Now when Agfa Photo is gone and their chemistry hard to find, I am looking
> for a replacement for the Agfa Multicontrast paper developer. Does anyone
> have anything good to suggest?

There are "endless" replacements available. As a ready-mixed general purpose
developer I think Champion B&W Multicontrast developer (which is really a
pretty standard PQ developer) is quite good. You want speed? Then use in higher
concentrations and/or at slightly higher temperatures. Its pretty robust and
quite well suited to roller transport machines. Its also comparatively
inexpensive.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net