[pure-silver] Re: Replacement for Agfa Multicontrast Developer

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:27:28 -0500

On Sunday 05 February 2006 19:47, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>     Liquid Dektol, sold as Polymax in the US, is too slow
> try diluting it less. Try 1:4, which is double the strength.
> The development times and capacity will then be similar to
> the Agfa developer. If you are willing to mix from a powder

        According to the Kodak publication at 1:9 the capacity of Polymax is
120
8x10s per gallon. The Agfa Multicontrast had a capacity of about that at 1:4
per litre. My guess is it'll take more then doubling to get similar capacity.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j5/j5.jhtml?id=0.1.14.34.9.16.6&lc=en#05

Agfa pdfs seem to be gone. But 100 8x10s per litre at 1:4 sounds right. The
stuff really lasts forever.

        Nick