[pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:26:45 -0700

    The Kodak publication found at:
<http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/e30/e30.pdf>

has instructions on freezing.
It also warns about cosmic ray radiation so I will ammend my previous remarks, evidently its more important than I was led to believe. Some additional remarks on radiation effects can be found at:

<http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion/Support/Technical_Information/Storage/storage_info.htm>There
 is a short PDF on film storage
at:<http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/tib/pdf/tib5202.pdf>
Kodak Research Laboratories published research papersin established, peer-reviewed,
journals from its inceptionin 1912. That can make finding papers somewhat difficultsince
one must search many journals. However, publishing inthese journals rather than in a house
organ of some sortgave immediate prestige and credibility to the papers.     There are
instances where Kodak's instruction bookletsand sheets are in error or where something got
lost in thecut-and-paste of later versions but, for the most part, thepublications aimed at
the popular market, are reliable andbased on solid research.---Richard KnoppowLos Angeles,
CA, USAdickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx