[pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:04:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "ERoustom" <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 4:57 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Refrigerate film?

Hi all,

I just got a batch of Foma 200 and Rollei Retro 100 and 400 for my summer's shooting. Should I keep in the fridge?

Thanks,

Elias

The popular wisdom is certainly to refrigerate film or even freeze it. It should be in its original wrapping. Partly used boxes of sheet film tend to accumulate moisture which condenses when cooled but the original wrapping is sealed. I don't know what the optimum temperature is for storage, its possible that Kodak published something about this. Kodak's "professional" color film is intended to be kept refrigerated until time of use to prevent drift of color balance. Once removed from the refrigerator the film should be left to warm up before opening again to prevent condensation.

---