[pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:39:17 -0500

"Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

distortion of the emulsion layer by the water which can leave mottling and marks

But, do you have an example showing this?  Does anyone?

"Should" and "might" don't count, "will" and "does" do.

The warning is universal in the literature and in Kodak's instructions.

Exactly - a universal warning with no demonstration. The history of universal warnings is a history of follies. Don't go in the
water for 2 hours after you have eaten.  Bad air causes the
plague.  The sun and planets travel around the earth. Take your
shoes off before boarding a plane or you will die.

Warnings of demonstrable effects are warnings that count.

While modern emulsions are harder than those of the past and should be more resistant ...

That it happened in the past but can't be made to happen
now?  Don't buy it.  Not unless someone can produce an
example.  Even on Efke, certainly an emulsion of the past.

Kodak bulletin ...

My postulate is the Kodak bulletin is wrong.  I can't
find or create any evidence to support it.

Even God gets it wrong now and then.  If we are made in
God's image then God must be just as big a doofus as we
are.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC