[pure-silver] Re: Paraformaldehyde/Acetone in lith developers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:07:07 -0800

You're interesting me as I have some difficulties to find sodium metaborate but have borax and sodium hydroxyde ...

What's the procedure ?
Do you really make sodium metaborate in crystalline form to re-use it later or do you just mix the proportional quantities of both directly into the final developer/fixer/... solution ?

So I went from commercial chemicals to mixing raw chemicals, and now I'm going to make the raw chemicals ...
Anyone having the formula to change lead into gold ? :-)

Thanks,
Claudio

The metaborate is formed in solution. The formula I gave is for the equivalent of 100 grams. If the formula calls for some other amount multiply or devide the amounts in the formula by the amount you need. I probably also have the molar amounts somewhere but I think this is simpler for non-chemists like myself. For convenience its possible to mix the metaborate solution separately in a minimum quantity of water and mix that with the soluton you are making.