[pure-silver] Re: How do I increase local contrast in my shadows when printing?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:21:49 +0200

Ilford #5 is different from Kodak #5+, which is different from Wratten #47b.
The latter is much denser than the former, but I don¹t know what the
difference might be and it will depend on the emulsion used. Nevertheless,
don¹t expect a huge difference. That said, Wratten #58 is a huuuge
difference over the soft filters from Kodak and Ilford. It is soft beyond
practicality.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com