[pure-silver] Re: How do I increase local contrast in my shadows when printing?

  • From: "Len Eselson" <leneselson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:28:14 -0400

Eric, thanks for your response.

I was projecting the mask as a sandwich with the neg. I had tried
several printers including an Epson 2200. However the problem was
clearly in the material I was using which was the clear version from Pictorino,
Kodak, or IBM. The Pictorino was the best of the three, but when examined
with a loop, the pattern on the surface was clearly visible- so the printer
was blameless. Remember that I was using MF, so that the enlargement
ratio was at least 8X.

Have you looked at the frosted or white material under a loop and detected
any pattern ?

Rgds

Len Eselson