[pure-silver] Re: Experts: Ansel Adams photos found at garage sale worth $200 million

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:35:15 +1200

A good answer to this question must also deal with the possibility that they
aren't by Adams.

The more I read the lawyer's statement as reported in the CNN article the
less confident I became.  It sounds like a closing address to a jury:
    Experts, including a former FBI agent and a U.S. attorney, "came to the
conclusion that,         based on the evidence which was overwhelming, that
no reasonable person would have
    any doubt that these, in fact, were the long-lost images of Ansel
Adams," Arnold said

So, if all the "reasonable" people are later shown to be wrong, and some
future buyer is looking at a loss of $200m, who should compensate whom?

Don Sweet