[pure-silver] Re: Experts: Ansel Adams photos found at garage sale worth $200 million

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:57:37 +1000

Don,
Curators, colleagues, workmates and family certainly would have valuable
evidence to submit, BUT it is then up to one or more *independent* experts
in the fields of history, science, forensics etc to be consulted in order to
asses each piece of evidence and or garner additional evidence and come to a
joint conclusion/recommendation as to the authenticity of the
origin/authenticity of the negatives.    Now if somebody then wants to make
a civil litigious claim because they dispute the expert's findings this is
where the legal system gets involved whether we like it or not.

If you are not willing to place a level of trust the legal system in your
country then you need to come up with a better method, convince the
authorities and have it implemented.  All legal systems have accounts of
wrongful convictions (whether done intentionally or not), but if we
automatically distrust the legal profession because of a few bad apples then
it all becomes too big a problem to solve unless you want to devote a few
lifetimes to it !

rgds
Peter