[pure-silver] Re: Experts: Ansel Adams photos found at garage sale worth $200 million

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:34:04 -0500

Well, here is an ethical question then. Does the guy that owned them and
sold them for a fraction of what they're worth deserve a piece of what ever
comes from the net sales? They did take care of them for some time. And
while they ultimately gave them away, should they be shut out of that
economic pie? Just bad luck, ignorance, etc? At what point do we look out
for that kind of problem, if we would agree that teaching special needs
people is a good thing? Lack of economic values, scruples, what ever you
want to call it, was it just good luck for one, and bad luck for someone
else? Some of you are in the business of selling your photographs.

As pure silver, in the context of art, this is a very valid question. As a
guy working in a darkroom making prints, I can see where this has no place
in your life. Choose to respond or not. For those that want to get bent out
of shape, find your delete key now and kiss my ................... or just
reply off list.

Eric

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography