[pure-silver] Re: {Disarmed} Re: Experts: Ansel Adams photos found at garage sale worth $200 million

  • From: "Harry Lock" <harrylock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:55:15 +0200

Hi All

I agree with Tim on all accounts, especially the $200 million claim. I think it
is the journalist making the story dramatic by calculating maximum value of an
AA print. It will all come down to supply and demand. Calculating future
earnings - especially in the art market - is a tricky one.

An example - Here at home, South Africa, two well respected artists died within
a couple of years of each other. The one family immediately put all of the
works in his studio up for sale. The prices paid for the works were average, if
not disappointing. The second family, also with a studio full of work,
announced that they were only going to release two works onto the market per
year. The prices soared!

My choice would be to do a deal, get a cheque, and put the money in the bank.

I owned a gallery for many years and my motto was - 'A dollar in the hand is
better than two on the wall.'

Cheers
Harry