[pure-silver] Re: Darkrooms

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 15:46:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bower" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:51 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Darkrooms

I went to a sheet-metal shop and had them make a bunch of L-shaped pieces of aluminum, 3/4" on each leg, and as long as the screens.
Those are screwed to the insides of the cabinet.
--
John Bower
www.studioindiana.com

A lot of hardware stores have aluminum angle stock in lengths of around three or four feet. Its easy to cut with a hack saw and to drill for mounting holes. One can also use strips of lath for this. I made drying screens from canvas stretchers from an art supply store and cheese cloth. Pre-made plastic window screens are better.

---