[pure-silver] Re: Darkrooms; boarderless easel

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:17:10 -0700

I tried borderless easels and found them a disappointment with some fiber
based papers that have a curl that required more than holding down the
edges. I finally ended up with a vacuum easel. I have 24x28 by Condit and a
smaller 13x18 Bay Chrome. A variable speed vacuum holds the paper at a very
low speed. Lately I have been using oversize paper that I trim down after
drying. I tape the paper along it edges to a smooth Formica covered piece of
counter top material so that the print dries flatter than if I placed in on
a screen.

Jonathan