[pure-silver] Re: D-76 and variations

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:55:58 -0800

Unfortunately this test does not investigate the difference between D76 and ID11.

I thought how to set up a test like this, but can't think of how to control the many variables of such a long-term test (I like to do it over 18 months). Film will age over that time, and the exposure might not be consistent either.

I'm wondering if it would be better to do all the required exposures at the same time, freeze the exposed film and just pull the individual sheets out of the freezer as required.

Does anyone know some facts about latent image stability of frozen film?

Considering that labs use frozen control strips for monitoring chemistry, you would think this would be a viable method. But I don't recall how long you can hold on to control strips before they expire.