[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:19:25 +0100

Excellent summary, Tim!
(When I originally raised this issue I’d no idea it was actually so complicated
;)

I’ve deleted-as-applicable from your suggestions to give my view...

And here are the possible assumptions and rulings:

  a.. The Mentora +2 is in addition to the basic Weaponmastery +3. (I think
this is fairly uncontroversial and that everyone is happy with it, right?)  -
yep
  b.. You don't simply stack the Bow bonuses for Weaponmastery and Mentora and
Grand Weaponmastery. – yep

  c.. When a section says to add 3 (or 5, or 4) if you have Grand
Weaponmastery...
    a.. ...this is a reminder of (or instead of) the general rule, and not an
extra bonus.  - yep. I’m undecided as to which of these it might be. I’m quite
like the idea of “instead of the general rule” (i.e. an ad-hoc special case for
the combat in question) as it absolves Joe Dever of any inconsistency
    b..
  d.. These varying bonuses for Grand Weaponmastery...
    a.. ...are intentional and should be left alone. - if the explicit +5’s and
+4’s in the numbered sections are ad-hoc special cases, then they’re
intentional and should be left alone (and a further hidden loyalty bonus of +2
for Mentora would apply!)

  e.. Grand Weaponmastery's +3 bonus...
    a.. ...is correct.   - ultimately, despite suspecting it was a
cut-and-paste error, it later becomes so consistent that I find it hard to
argue that Joe didn’t decide to to adopt it in the end..

  f.. The Mentora's +2 bonus...
    a.. ...is added on to the Grand Weaponmastery bonus, the same as it was to
the Weaponmastery bonus. (A loyalty bonus for anyone who played at least five
Magnakai books and chose Weaponmastery.)  yep, that’s by far the most
consistent with other Discipline bonuses.

  g.. Weaponmastery's +3 bonus...
    a.. ...is carried over without improvement to Grand Weaponmastery. (It acts
a loyalty bonus for anyone who played even one Magnakai book and chose
Weaponmastery, but hasn't taken Grand Weaponmastery yet.)  Yes, that’s how
things work. Note that for a Scion-kai it’s actually +4 by that point.