[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:29:38 +0000

On 21/11/2011 23:27, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

15tdc

[8] (Improved Grand Master Disciplines) Replaced "unarmed" with "armed or
unarmed"

Should we just drop that entire phrase? This makes sense to me: "...a
temporary increase in COMBAT SKILL and ENDURANCE scores whilst
fighting an enemy" or "...whilst in combat".

Personal preference would be "...whilst in combat"

[16] (Section 121) Replaced "If you possess Kai-alchemy and have reached the
rank of Sun Knight, you may increase your COMBAT SKILL and ENDURANCE point
scores by 5 each for the duration of this combat." with "If you possess
Kai-alchemy and have reached the rank of Sun Knight, you may increase your
COMBAT SKILL by 5 for the duration of this combat and reduce your ENDURANCE
score at the end of combat (unless it causes your score to fall to zero or
below, in which case you should reduce your ENDURANCE total to 1 point)."
[Eh?? See 297 below]
[24] (Section 297) Replaced "If you possess Kai-alchemy and have reached the
rank of Sun Knight, you may increase your COMBAT SKILL and ENDURANCE point
scores by 5 each for the duration of this combat." with "If you possess
Kai-alchemy and have reached the rank of Sun Knight, you may increase your
COMBAT SKILL and ENDURANCE scores by 5 each for the duration of this combat.

Regarding the ENDURANCE points cost of using a psychic attack during this
combat, in this instance you should reduce your score at the end of combat.
If, as a consequence, your ENDURANCE score is reduced to zero, you may
retain 1 ENDURANCE point and continue the adventure."

What now? I think the change for 121 means that you remove the bonus
at the end of the combat, and if removing the bonus would bring you
below 1, just reduce it to 1. I'm not sure what the paragraph about
the "psychic attack" is about (unless it's talking about using
Kai-surge in this section or in 217), so it seems that our concern
hasn't been addressed in 297, but I think we can extrapolate that to
297.

Er...yeah, I agree. I think! ;-)

[27] (Section 323) Added "This bonus is applicable only when the missiles
are aimed at you and not when you are aiming them at an object or enemy."

How about this?

"It adds +1 to your score should you be instructed to pick a number
from the Random Number Table when trying to avoid normal missiles
(e.g. arrows, bolts, darts, etc.) aimed at you."

Yeah, I like your wording. Clarity is the main goal when incorporating footnote materials into the main text.

16tlov

[3] (The Game Rules) Added Korlinium Scabbard and Silver Bracers to the list

Revise the text.

This will have a knock-on effect to Book 17; the footnote in The Game Rules regarding which items you can also needs to be revised if we are adding these two items to the list for Books 14-16.

Gah! I'm glad that's finished with!>_<

Thank you, Simon. If there's any justice, there's a place reserved for
you on the Plane of Light with other valiant heroes. ;)

Most gratifying that the effort is appreciated--heh! I'm definitely looking forward to the revised Books 1-7 *now with fewer footnotes.* :-D

As Mongoose have Book 17 listed as being released this year, we should also be able to revise those footnotes before we re-release The Deathlord of Ixia. For Books 18-25, we'll just have to work on them piecemeal as they are released.