[projectaon] Re: 27v Errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:45:33 -0700

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM, John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems pretty clear to me that one of the main reason you get access to
> Sunderer and the Andarin Warhammer is because Joe knew that at some point
> you were going to damage your Kai Weapon in these passages.

Maybe, though the language of the text leaves us no wiggle room on this issue:

64: ... you unsheathe your Kai Weapon and deal the shaft of the Claw a
mighty blow.

248: The blade of your Kai Weapon, however, is notched and discoloured
... (The damage to your Kai Weapon has caused a permanent reduction of
1 point to its COMBAT SKILL bonus....

If it makes sense to you to substitute these other weapons, that's
fine for house rules. It does suck that your Kai Weapon gets damaged,
but I don't think that's enough to change that gameplay element when
the author's directions are so clear.