Re: Drupal and Microsoft CMS Options?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:20:26 -0700

Rick, I've used both wamp & xamp when developing drupal sites on my
test server. It's no problem. U will want to ensure all needed
security measures are in place, of course, but it works well. Using
that, u can either develop w/wordpress or drupal or, evidently, MoJo
portal. Thanks for telling us about this 1, Catherine. Could u explain
more, or provide a link for further info?

From my perspective, much depends on the site size & the user's
experience level. For small sites &/or relatively inexperienced users,
Wordpress is definitively a plus. For larger sites &/or those
administered by experienced folks, Drupal is indeed a wonderful
option.

I've not developed with either simplecms or mojo, so can't speak to
those intelligently, assuming I could ever speak intelligently to
anything lol.

This has been an informative discussion, making me aware of options I
didn't know existed. I'm also glad to see it hasn't degenerated into
an argument/debate between proponents of the various cms solutions out
there.

Thanks for a great list, all.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride