[program-l] Re: VB: Reading pdf with screenreader

  • From: Edward Przybylek <przy5100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:53:09 -0400

Hi Che,

I currently use both JFW V6 and WindowEyes V5. Both do a great job reading PDF's. I've used them at work to read 1000 page specifications full of tables and outlines. My job relies on having access to these specifications and so far as I know I still have a job. Give your screen reader a try before you spend money on additional software.

Take care,
Ed Przybylek

At 05:16 PM 9/19/2005, you wrote:
Hi all,
I have found a couple of tutorials for visual basic that look helpful, unfortunately they are in pdf format. It has been a while since I tried to read any pdf files with my screenreader, as it was such a pain in the back to do. Should I see if Adobe has made any progress with their newest version of Acrobat Reader for the blind community, or get a pdf to text converter for these files?
Thanks.
Che